Key scheme benefits
- 240 jobs during construction.
- 138 long-term sustainable jobs when the building opens.
PUBLIC SPACE IMPROVEMENTS
- The developer is to spend approximately £3m on 1.16 ha of high quality landscaped public space improvements across four distinct areas.
- Each area will have its own distinct character and purpose, providing generous, high quality, publicly accessible open spaces that are useable, functional, legible and permeable.
- These areas will include new areas of playspace, amenity space and recreational space.
NEW HOMES &
- 199 new homes in a range of unit types and tenures.
- 32% affordable homes, which equates to 56 affordable units.
- Improved entrance and access for the general public into Westferry DLR station.
- Enhanced West India Dock Road crossing points and calming interventions to improve accessibility and wayfinding.
- Creation of a new crossing point on Limehouse Causeway to enhance accessibility and legibility.
ENHANCEMENT TO DLR STATION ENTRANCE
POSITIVE COMMUNAL AMENITY SPACES
- 320 bed hotel.
- Opportunity to partner with local college and schools for work experience and training.
COMMUNITY INFRASTRUCTURE LEVY
& SECTION 106
- £7.5m in CIL contributions to The London Borough of Tower Hamlets and The Mayor of London.
NEW RETAIL SPACE
- 800 sqft of new ground floor retail space.
CREATING A DESTINATION
- Marking the location as a key gateway into Canary Wharf.
- Creating a sense of arrival at Westferry DLR station and a sense of place..
HIGH QUALITY PUBLIC SPACE SPACES
ACTIVE GROUND FLOOR USES