- The site benefits from the highest possible public transport accessibility (PTAL rating of 6A).
- The Westferry DLR station is located at a key strategic position at the western threshold to the Isle of Dogs and Canary Wharf.
- The site has the potential to act as a marker for this strategically important location.
- The site is located in the indicative Isle of Dogs Opportunity Area boundary where developments are expected to optimise their scope for intensification, particularly in highly accessible locations such as this next to Westferry DLR station.
- The site is identified in the local plan as being a priority location to enhance the connections to the Green Grid and make improvements to the public space.
Space Syntax, experts in urban planning and spatial economics, have analysed the site and local area and concluded that;
- Compared to other parts of the borough with comparable high levels of transport amenity, much greater levels of development would normally be expected in this area.
- An opportunity has been identified to deliver a significant mixed use scheme with a genuine place making strategy in this location and would play an important role in improving the quality and connectivity of the existing public space, its amenity offer and also help create a stronger sense of place.
WITHIN THE ISLE OF DOGS OPPORTUNITY AREA
SITE SITS ON KEY PUBLIC SPACE IMPROVEMENT ROUTES
WE ARE LOCATED ADJACENT TO A GREEN GRID OPEN SPACE
PRIORITY LOCATION TO IMPROVE CONNECTIVITY